Monday, September 14, 2009

Yarnaholic

I am a certified yarnaholic. I suppose there are worse things to be addicted to though! I love trying out new fibers, strolling down the yarn aisles, touching yarn, and even smelling it! I do believe I am passing this on to my kids too. Today, while picking up a few supplies at one of my favorite craft stores, my 5 year old chose a skien of yarn as her little gift for being such a good helper. She and her 7 year old sister have recently learned how to crochet.

A pic of my kids and a family friend playing with yarn.
So while my daughter came away with 1 skien, I came away with 8. I saw these new yarns and immediately started thinking of what I could make with them. This one would make a beautiful hat, that one a wonderful bag, and oh this would be just perfect for that pair of mittens, etc.
Here are my latest aquisitions:
Sensations - Kashmira Pattern, one in shades of green, one in shades of purple. As you knit, it creates a wonderful pattern
Lion Brand - Alpine Wool, 100% wool roving yarn. I got some cinnamon and some olive. A bulky yarn that I just love the feel of!
Plymouth Yarn - Galway. This is in a lovely olive green color with flecks of darker green.
As I look at this list, I realize that I must be in a green phase! Oh well, I went through a pink one recently, then brown, why not green?
If you have any yarn favorites, I'd love to hear them!

No comments: