Sunday, August 29, 2010

Christmas Season, Art Shows and New Products

I have been prepping for the upcoming Christmas season. It always seems to take so long to get here, and then once it is, I wish I had a bit more time! As hard as I try to build up stock, I inevitably feel that I don't have enough. My fingers can only do so much! This year, both my girls are in school. That should allow me more time to build my business.

This year, I'm also preparing for a winter arts show at a local nature center (more details to follow). It is juried, so I am hoping to be accepted. In the meantime, I am preparing as if I were. Goals include - creating a product catalog, updating business cards (done), revamping my labels (partially done), and creating new pieces (constant). I'm also creating a new line from pieces made from wool raised in a sustainable way (the wool is from New Zealand, the company is called 62 North out of Washington State).

Here is a new piece. Coming soon...Cashmere and Lambswool Recycled Sweater Blanket!
 100 % wool, vintage fabric lining, satin ribbon strap.


 glass button accent, magnetic clasp


 vintage fabric, 2 large sections

No comments: