Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm Going to the Oscars!

I'm not going to the 84th Academy Awards (otherwise known as The Oscars), but my business cards are! 100 of my business cards will be included in the swag bags that will be given to celebrities at the GBK Luxury Gift Lounge. Never in my wildest, craziest dreams, did I imagine that my product would be going first to the Golden Globes, and then my contact info to the Academy Awards. It's amazing how joining one little organization can make all the difference!

                                                   

CLICK TO READ MORE ABOUT THE ARTISAN GROUP

That organization is The Artisan Group. The Group is an exclusive group of talented artisans that provides handcrafted products to celebrities and the press at Gift Lounges leading up to major hollywood events - The Academy Awards, Primetime Emmy's Golden Globes, MTV Awards, etc. This wonderfully supportive and knowledgeable group spans all sorts of fields - handcrafted jewelry, spa and bath products, children's tutus, apparel, toys, ceramics, purses, hand-poured candles, hand-bound journals, photographs, hand dyed scarves, fine art, handturned wooden pens, and more. It's an amazing source of information on sales, social media, marketing, and public relations.

I've gained a confidence in my craft and learned loads about marketing my work, myself and my business. What we get out of these events is really up to us and the buzz we create surrounding our involvement. I am super excited to see where this road leads!

Want to read my press release regarding the Academy Awards? CLICK TO READ MY PRESS RELEASE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!:)

Joy Light Designer said...

I'm so excited about being in the Artisan Group. So many nice creative people and such an incredibly supportive group to boot! Good luck and your press release is well done!

Joyflower
Joysilk.blogspot.com