Friday, June 11, 2010

Gulf Oil Spill and A Way for Knitters, Sewers and Crocheters to Help; Craft Hope

I for one sickened by the environmental devestation of the oil spill in the Gulf. I've been making little changes in my life, but living in OH, I've often wondered what I can do to directly help the wildlife and clean up process. I came accross a wonderful organization - Craft for Hope - that is collecting handmade washrags and towels to be used in cleaning wildlife. Old towels and sheets can be used, cotton fabric, cotton yarn, etc.  Cotton is the best and most absorbant. The deadline is July 3, but they will most likely be collecting after the deadline. Check out the link for more information. It's a great way for you and your family to get involved. My 8 year old, 5 year old and I will be putting together a package to send. Minimal skill is required. If you can sew a rough hem, use scissors, knit or crochet, you can do this!

http://crafthope.com/2010/06/project-8-gulf-coast-oil-spill/

No comments: